Hi Ray3,

All of the comments from Chesseroo, TomTuttle, and others are useful and I'd agree with all. Here, for the benefit of others on this thread, is what I sent you in the private email:

"With the qualifer that corners are not ideal for any speaker except a subwoofer (and even there, you can get exaggerated bass effects), then I'd say you are better off to leave the QS8s where they are. Dolby Digital movies are mixed with the surrounds at the side walls, not the rear, and that is where surrounds perform best and where Dolby Labs indicate they should go. As adaptable and forgiving as the QS8s are, I don't recommend owners mount them at the rear unless their room rules out a sidewall placement.

Ideally, you should move them forward a bit, out of the corner (to eliminate potential coloration from boundary effects of the corner) and mount them on the wall where the framed picture is (or above it). But if you don't hear any coloration of upper bass from the corner, then, as Chesseroo has pointed out, leave them there. I too find drilling etc a royal pain so I understand your sentiments."

The plumbing things would seem to give the woofer ample room to "breathe," but I've not heard QS8s raised above a flat surface this way.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)