Originally Posted By: jakewash
Spill your own coffe you just made on yourself would you sue the coffee maker company, the manufacturer of the coffe cup you used for not printing a warning on the side etc.? Seems frivolous to me. Coffee is hot and and as some of the links from the wiki show properly brewed coffee is at a temp that will give 3rd degree burns no matter where you get it.

I agree. Coffee should be brewed anywhere between 88°C - 95°C which is very close to the boiling point of water. It can give you 3rd degree burns. Coffee is supposed to be a hot drink and it is of no surprise the consequences of it spilling on you.

I just don't feel sorry for stupid people and that they should not benefit off of something like this. She was stupid enough to put a hot drink in between her legs and was clumsy enough to spill it on herself. I am in the frivolous camp on this one. Though, I am not surprised with the lawsuits you hear about in the American justice system. There are a lot more frivolous cases out there than this one.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne