Originally Posted By: cgolf

There are a number of other variables to consider in any sale. This situation looks OK. My issue is price. His opening bid on ebay is $1400 and his bin is $1750. He emailed me yesterday to tell me some other people are interested and would I go $1500. My offer right now is $1200 so we're still a ways apart.

I'm back in Austin on Friday so if they are still available, I'll see what he'll take. I won't go over $1300 and if no one buys them, I think he'll take that or less.

+1, good plan.

Was this seller a car salesman? His tactics feel a little like we're sitting in a showroom. Maybe I'm misreading this, but from the opening this-is-the-price-oops-no-it's-just-an-opening-bid shenanigans to this new there's-another-buyer game, well, it all seems a little like buying a car at a sleazy dealership. wink Not that you can't win, just that patience is definitely needed.

He has a right to get the best price, I'm just on your side because you're here and he isn't. laugh

Still sounds like a good deal, and they're great speakers, just good luck dealing with the seller.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 01/25/11 07:04 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office