Finally! If all goes as planned I'll be ordering a pair of QS8s to accompany my M22s within the next week or so. It was either upgrade my old centre to a VP-150, or get QS8s. I'm guessing that bang-for-the-buck says go QS8.

Now the hard part. I know from reading the forum that QS8 "are very forgiving" in terms of placement, so a few inches one way or another really wouldn't make a huge difference, but I'm considering changing my room around anyway, so thought that I'd ask for input.

Click for the 2D/3D simulation.

Looking out the window is East, so direct light isn't an issue. The room is pretty well in ground - only the windows have air space outside, as there's a lattice covered window well in the yard. Don't know what the correct term for that is.

The dimensions are pretty close to accurate, so yes, Mark does have competition for the square room. wink

So would you put the QS8 just right of the closet (and directly opposite) as in the "After" portion of the image, or maybe a bit more left, toward the screen, and perhaps above the closet doors? 9' ceiling in the room, so there's some space there and a good 2x4 for securing the speaker.

The little sub will likely move from one corner to the other.

There's a powder room adjacent to the wall opposing the closet, and the garage is on your left as you walk into the room, so it's on the other side of the wall where the TV will be "after".

Thoughts?