More updates that would be helpful for iPad owners, or future owners.

I tried the Playon app on the iPad, the iPhone version is a bit small for me to be usable. Not bad. In fact, my wife is watching a cable show that aired tonight and I didn't even have to find a t*rrent file for it. The quality is barely SD but for free, I can't complain. W/ all the various plug ins (Big 12 Network, VS, ESPN, ESPN3, TNT, TBS, CBS, etc), it can carry a LOT of content.

Last night I pulled out my old AppleTV which had Boxee on it. Boxee has a UPnP client which just happens to find the Playon server. Lo and behold, I can use my AppleTV to stream Playon, even better than the PS3, probably because the AppleTV has a Core Duo CPU.

Going back to the iPad, I've wanted to give the Xfinity app a try. I tried to log into my account and it noticed that I don't have any active cablecards or DVR (dangit, it's too smart...). I browsed some shows but many seemed to be locked. So...I asked my coworker who has triple play and he logged into the ipad app. More content 'seemed' to be available but I'll have to double check. Regardless, I was able to stream some of the On Demand content and some of the premium channels. No HBO or Showtime because my coworker doesn't have it. Using the iPad and the Xfinity app, you may be able to 'borrow' someone's Comcast login and be able to watch cable content in the event you cut your cord.