Quote:

Now I'm second guessing myself because Audyssey recommends direct radiators for heights. So M22/M2 or QS8s for heights?

Hi Jeff,

Audyssey recommends direct radiators for all positions so you had better second guess your surrounds and rears then also. wink This is because their EQ system is better at calculating a curve for a direct radiating speaker because it’s much simpler to model than the variety of di/bi pole configurations available.

Recently another member, HuskerOmaha, got this response from Chris at Audyssey when he asked about using direct radiators or bipole speakers for heights:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=333226#Post333226

Bottom line is that if you prefer QS8 style speakers for the surround and rear positions over direct radiators then I’m 99.9% sure you will also prefer them for height speakers since height speakers project only ambient and not direct sound effects.

In other words buy the best speaker for the job and then apply EQ. Don’t buy an EQ system and then seek to match your speakers to it.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1