Hello fellow Axiom Enthusiasts,
I am currently running M80 fronts, vp150 center, and Qs8 surrounds. I absolutely LOVE everything other than the 150. I even use M22 bookshelves in my bedroom and think they are top notch! The 150 sounded really nice in my condo but recently I bought a house and my living room is much larger now. For some reason the 150 seems to be stuggling to keep up with the mains and also sounds a bit hollow. I did experiment with turning up the volume to the center alone and that helped a tad. I am thinking about upgrading the VP180 but I am hesitant to pull the trigger without hearing it or at least hearing what people think about it first as the return shipping on this beast from California would be substantial. I have heard a lot of grumbling about the layout of the tweeters on this speaker. People who have yet to listen to a 180 seem to be instantly turned off to it because of the distance from one tweeter to the next. I would absolutely love to hear from Axiom owners who have the speaker, especially if you upgraded from a 150. Better yet, I know this is a long shot but if anyone in the San Diego, CA area has one of these and wouldn't mind demoing it I would be greatly obliged. Thanks to all in advance!