Having just upgraded from Panasonic BD35 to an Oppo 93 Blu Ray player, I have been happy with an improvement in video quality. It is not of the night and day difference, but I have extended abilities with my Oppo like adjusting colorspace and deep color settings. The biggest visible difference is enabling 30 bit deep color vs disabled deep color(24bit). Using Mater Tall Tales Blu Ray, the black and white detective cartoon is visibly smoother with an expanded gray scale when I use 30 bit deep color on my Oppo. It is evident using Spears and Munsil calibration disk that the contrast gradients are smoother for my TV when DC is set to 30bit on the Oppo. The video processor on my LED DLP is 10bit as well, so this marries up perfectly.

Regarding HDMI cable quality, that is a touchy subject. I always smile when I hear the "It's 1's and 0's" argument: usually employed in defending a purchase of a lower priced HDMI cable. HDMI signals are transmitted via micro electrical currents and as such can be affected by EMI/RFI which in turn can effect audio and video quality.

Last edited by wbedford; 03/07/11 08:38 PM.

SC-05, HLT6189, Oppo BDP-93, Blue Circle Audio FX2
Axiom M2v3's, QS8v3's