Originally Posted By: 1sweetspot
I have an Axiom 5.1 set up and an Energy RC 7.1 set up, very similar to what you will have with the addition of 2 RC-10's for rear surrounds. while I feel that the Axioms have a better bang for buck value, I prefer my Energy's overall. the RC-R is a very good speaker, if you can get the second one, I would stay with it over the QS-8's.

I am glad to hear that. I am still having issues with the buyer and UPS sending me my second RC-R, but it should be settled in the next week or two. If not I will just request a refund and purchase another one through eBay.

I am happy to hear that you prefer your RC setup overall. I do love the sound of those speakers. I just wish I could have afforded the RC-70s while they were still in stock. I still do want to go ahead and get a full Axiom system down the line and see how much different it would be over my current setup.

You say the Axioms are more bang for the buck. Does that translate into being better speakers between the two set barring price? How are the Axioms compared to the Energys? Does it sound better/different to you?

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006