Thanks
Just curious about this. Some say bookshelfs and subs are just as good, specially since it is the Centre Channel that carries most of the action.
I am trying to figure out where the benifit would be. Given that my cross over would be set for 80 hz, and the subs to each side. I just think, if I have M80's and a EP 500 next to each just how much bottom end am I really hearing from the M80's, "IF" the sub is producing the 80hz and below. Am I hearing any or much 80 -25 hz from the M80's, specially if the EP500 is doing it's job.
Really how much difference would I hear noticibly, if I had two great bookshelfs and two EP500's or the M80's and two EP500.
Also, if the Bookshelfs only need to go to 80hz and the sub say 100hz and below ...would this not be benificial for my AMP not to have to push extra wattage. Whereas, if I had M80's the amp would be pushing wattage to the 80's for lower frequencies. Why, double up on the 80 - 25 hz with two M80's and two EP500. If calibrated properly and they blend in right wouldn't having a great bookshelf and a great sub together be like a great floorstanding speaker ?
Actually, I think it would be better, has too be .... I have a bookshlef capable of handling 200w and I have a EP500. I would get awesome clean power from the amp ... never have a need to worry about the lower current drawing frequencies. I have a very capable sub giving me loads of clear bottom end. My amp Denon 3805 with two external Emotiva UPA1's plenty of juice for the bookshelves should be very clean.

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry