I've got the exact setup you're inquiring about, the Outlaw 2150 and M-80's. I'll prefice all further comments by saying that I'm not a seasoned audiophile, so I don't have much to compare it to.

I like my system, it sounds good, seems like ample clean power to me. On the downside, the remote for the Outlaw is very touchy volume-wise since it's not a digital volume knob. Also, you don't get many sound control options... bass, treble, and some bass boosts, that's it. You can power two sets of speakers with it, but I don't think the receiver lets you set seperate volumes. On the plus side, it's very simple smile No confusing menus to scroll thru etc.

If I were to do it over I'd probably look into a Harmon-Kardon or something a little more customizable, in hindsight I'd probably be happier with a 5 channel or so, since I'm now interested in powering more than just one set of speakers.

I got the Outlaw used for $450, like new condition. It seems like a solid piece of quality gear, perhaps just lacking some of the features I'd like. But duh on me, it is a stereo receiver.

Last edited by kordeo; 04/15/11 02:19 AM.

new-axiom-owner-in-training-rocking-an-internet-direct-stereo-setup-of-2AxiomM80s&1Outlaw 2150.