Originally Posted By: Randy~P
How big is your room, I have no problem filling my 8,000 cu ft + room to dB's well beyond where most should be, with no distortion.

damn good question! my room is 15 x 16 and if i wanted to i can crank those M80v3's & VP180v3 to ear and nose bleed levels (i can't and won't) so i'm trying to understand how large of an area the OP is using these things in. i am always astounded when folks say it's not loud enough. how loud is loud enough. perhaps at those volumes of constant use those users are already losing their hearing and need it louder. not trying to be funny but they say that's true for folks who use headphones at loud volumes for long periods of time that they do in fact damage and lose their hearing and need everything to be "louder" for them to have a perceived "normal" level because of said hearing loss.

again, not trying to be funny either. my front 3 as mentioned are powered by an XPA-5 amp and i've never had the volume to half way more than as a test because it was so loud and painful i couldn't stand it---still sounded great, just couldn't deal with the sound pressure levels at that volume.

just never understand folks needing things at such incredibly high SPL's but to each his own.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93