Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
M3s are spectacular speakers. I used a pair of M3Tis with a 5 watt per channel SET tube amp, Velodyne 10" subwoofer, and an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb tube output CD player. I experienced the GLORIOUS WALL OF SOUND. The sound stage was huge, high, wide and deep. The highs have a crystaline but sweet purity. The mids, well, it's why I love audio.

I also have a pair of M22s driven by a 100 wpc vintage Harman Kardon flagship solid state amp, Sony CA9ES CD player and 12" Velodyne subwoofer. Sound quality is incredibly good. The M22s are taller and tend not to disappear into the room like the M3s do.

The joke about the M3s is not only their enormous sound quality, but their ridiculous low price.

Grab a pair. You won't be disappointed.

Thats exactly the effect I'm looking for, however I won't be using any tube or vintage amplifiers. More than likely I will be powering them with a Sonos ZP-120 media player/ampifier, however if I'm not thrilled with the performance I might look into adding an amplifier like an Emotiva UPA-2 (love my xpa-5) or a Rotel RB-1552 if it fits the budget.

I think I will probably order a pair and give them a try and if I'm not thrilled I always have the 30 days to return them. That being said I need to choose a finish for them as I don't really like the stock finishes. Does anyone have any feedback on the ebony finish? Is it much of an upgrade over the black oak?

I really like the Walnut with white covers, but not sure its worth the extra $150. And the Piano black would be my #1 choice, but it doubles the price of the speaker, which I can't justify. smirk

Decisions, decisions...