Every time I make a change to my speaker setup I've been running the automatic MCACC equalization setup and just leaving it at that. But lately I've grown dissatisfied with what I was hearing in the music department. Pandora has helped that along because of all the diversity of music I've been exposed to.

MCACC has 6 different preset storage areas, so there were some old setups still there from a year ago, and longer. I happened to be scrolling through those setups and I discovered bass that I had been lacking for a while, but just wasn't aware. Now my current preset sounds worse than ever. I was also aware of the volume difference, so I adjusted volume manually to compensate and the additional bass was still there.

I tried listening with the EQ set to off and with one of them on, but with the EQ all set to zeros for a flat response. This sounded even worse than with MCACC's compensation that I didn't like.

I guess later today, or tomorrow, I'll have to dig out my Rives Test CD 2 and my Rat Shack sound level meter and try setting the EQ with that. It has a section that compensates for the RS meter. I need to attach the meter to my tripod and place it in the center of the room at ear level while sitting, then adjust each speaker to the same sound level with MCACC's built in white/pink noise used for that purpose. It will play a portion of each octive from 20hz thru 20khz where I can write down the meter reading for each one. Then manually adjust the EQ for each speaker until it's as flat as I can get it. (The SW included in all tests.)

That's my idea. I think I've got it right, but feel free to comment if I left something out.

Edit: Also L/C/R set to Small with crossover at 80hz.

Last edited by CatBrat; 05/07/11 12:10 PM.