In reply to:

No point yet as I want to be able to audition my setup in my finished room (6 weeks away).

I can relate to your situation. A buddy and I spent 2 nights in a row working until 3AM on my living room in a race to finish it before my speakers arrived. As it turns out, that might not have been the best plan. I am in the process of removing and replacing 1/2 of the moldings around 2 doors. They must have been the ones we installed at 2:30 and 2:45AM. Moral of the story: Don't play with nail guns at 3AM! My speakers arrived before I could get the ceiling painted. So, for the last week the furnishings have been moved around quite a few times. I really should have left the speakers boxed up until I finished the room 100%, but you know...

The amount and configuration of furniture in the room makes a huge difference in how your system sounds. I have a sofa and a loveseat. If both of them are in the room the system sounds incredible. Remove either one and it sounds like you've turned on some poorly done DSP mode on a no name receiver. Fortunately, my normal layout is the good one.

Enjoy!

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.