You have to have time and access to a trading account during a time while the market you are trading in is open. It's always best to learn to paper trade first before using real money. I didn't take that advice and paid my tuition of a few grand in loses. I've read around 50 books on the subject and none of them are an all in one source. One of the best that I know of is

"Come Into My Trading Room. A Complete Guild to Trading" by Dr. Alexander Elder, along with it's study guide.

You also need to learn technical analysis. There are a lot of books on that topic out there. I recently discovered on Youtube.com DayTraderRockStar videos, and his pay website daytradingradio.com. Mostly I would stick with free websites, although I've subscribed to IBD (Invester Business Daily) and Telecharts with Worden Brothers.

Do a lot of reading, and applying what you read is probably the best advice. I've read a lot, but didn't do a whole lot in the applying department. One of the hardest things to learn is to buy low and sell high. Sounds easy enough, but try to put that into practice takes a lot of experience. Most traders lose due to the emotional factor and end up selling lower than they bought, usually to get out of a trade to avoid losing more. You do that enough times and it's good bye trading career.

Rule #1: Don't lose money. That's where technical analysis comes into play. Knowing when to buy and when to sell.