Well if it were me, i would probly use them in the ceiling in my basement or the bathrooms and potentially outside on the patio, although i think that gets into a different realm altogether.
My requirements would be for a compact design, simply installation (with or without access to wall studs) and completely encased with minor power (maybe 50W-75W max?).
If anything i would use them as background sound for the wine cellar when company came over or during dinner parties and your main stereo is nowhere near the dining room.
Speaker finish would be quite important unless they are designed with a paintable surface. Nothing would stand out more than a black speaker on a white ceiling.
GEEEZ i hate the black,
Thanks so much Ian for including the Boston CHerry finish with ALL the products.
You know how hard it is to find a subwoofer that isn't black and under 1k these days?!

Now as for the outdoor speakers, maybe a new thread should start but offhand there is this company called Rockustics down in the States that makes a neat product. If Axiom built something like that, OH MAN, i'm there!!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."