Hi John,

So... about the volume and bass/mid/treble knobs on my receiver, while the subwoofer is attached to the receiver's pre-amp outputs, you are disagreeing with what Ken said earlier, is that right? You're saying that they WILL affect the subwoofer and M3 speakers simultaneously, is that right?

About the Y cable... thanks for catching that, clubNeon (and John in my parrellel thread)! I already ordered a coaxial sub-cable with matching Y-adapter... should arrive any day now. At least I should still be able to make use of the main length of it, without the Y adapter. I'll have to look into that line-level summing box... but sounds like it could be pricier than I'd hoped just to make a darn connection! lol On that note, what about this...

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3928377#post3928377

It's a link to a year old thread of mine, regarding the stereo-Phone output of my Marantz (does NOT silence the speakers when used!) It's connected to my 'computer' subwoofer (which is why I'm upgrading!), currently. One receiver output, one subwoofer input - job done! Is that JUST as good as using the pre-amp outputs (with summing box) to the subwoofer's 1/4" Phone? All I'd need is another adapter from RCA to Phone for the Marantz end of the cable if that's the case! Those common to find at The Source or wherever?

Thanks for all the help from each of you!