Hi Power,

Tom Tuttle has it right. I certainly do not post all my criticisms, many of which are relatively minor, on the Axiom forums. For example, the old M60ti's overall were a nicely balanced speaker. In blind tests, I'd write things like "quite good, but there's a bit of an edge on saxophones, brass instruments and some female and male vocals." And while I'd give it a good score, there was always a qualification that prevented me from calling it "wonderful". When a speaker is really wonderful, I relax and enjoy the music because I don't hear flaws that bug me and trying to criticize it becomes a pointless exercise.

These are fairly nuanced criticisms, not major flaws, and lots of listeners wouldn't be bothered by them or even notice them on a wide variety of material. And it was only on certain recordings that the flaws would show up. You have to put these in perspective. On one other Axiom speaker no longer in the line, when I first heard it in a blind test 10 years ago, I thought there was something wrong with it. It sounded as though a big duvet or comforter had been thrown over the speaker.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)