I had to stop working on my HT room a while back because of injury I did to my right shoulder. But that's 95% healed now.

So...

I've been working demolishing a spare bedroom to convert into an office. I tore out all of the drywall, except ceiling. I'm gluing and nailing up 2x2's to the inside edges of the 2x4 studs to change the thickness of the walls from 3 1/2 to 5 inches so I can add thicker insulation. (Had to tear out, bag, and throwaway the old formaldehyde insulation.)

The room is so hot that I can't work in it for very long. I take Monday afternoons off for this purpose. I'm buying a small 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner / dehumidifier for $300 this weekend.

I've also found someone to replace the 2 windows in the room for $884. I pay half and sign their contract for work this Friday. Rolox wanted $2800, Sears wanted $1800. The private contractor I found only wants $884 for triple pane vinyl windows which includes installation. They look somewhat better than what Sears is selling. The windows are Heartland windows.

I bought a medium green paint for the walls.

I'm going to install one electrical circuit at the computer end of the room, and another new circuit for the remainder of the room, plus 4 recessed lights. I'm not too keen to crawl around the attic because I know that silverfish live up there. I guess I need to make some traps for them by combining some sugar and borax, and installing some of those sticky trap boxes. Maybe put something real tasty in the middle of the box that only silverfish would go out of their way for.

Last edited by CatBrat; 07/13/11 09:15 PM.