Quote:

IF the price was right, I'd look into 3D, but not as a requirement, just as a bonus since my family doesn't care too much about 3D. Of course, with the AE7000 coming in around $3000 (street), it will be too much dough for me to see the benefit over the AE4000 which can be had for around $2000...

I’m pretty much of the same mind. My limited experience with 3D in a local store was mixed. Monsters vs Aliens looked hyper exaggerated, the 2D to 3D up-conversion did nothing with the movie they had playing and worst was Avatar which had me ripping the glasses off my head in seconds due to disorientation and feeling like my head was going to explode. I attribute the latter to having different visual acuity in each eye do to an injury.

I am extremely happy with my AE4000, but I’m pushing it to the limit projecting from 20’ onto a 134” diagonal screen. So the much higher brightness and apparently better black levels would not suck. As I emailed back to the rep I’ll be waiting to see the reviews and comparisons before making any decisions.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1