Tom,
Minimum rental is 1 month - so there is no way to go cheaper. I definately recommend having 1 platform plank on the middle level and 3 on the top. 3 gives you full coverage. The guy talked me out of one for the middle - so I am using one of the top planks in the middle and just being extra careful while up top - JP, if I lose my concentration, I may need the meds. Anyway the delivery charge is $50 - $75 but my father-in-law came through with his pick up - so wave the fee. Truck is a 6 foot bed and the entire scaffolding fit in there in pieces. You would want tie down straps to hold it.

One other thing - mine did not come with assembly instructions. Since we are doing the manly thing, we did not ask how it fits together. They had one assembled on display in front of the building so we stopped and studied it before we left. In the end, it was fairly intuitive - assuming of course that you have "aptitude". Definintely a 2 man op to set it up. Get the wheels with the screw up adjustment and you will gain another foot of potential height.

And another thing, the one on display out front is nice and shiny and painted.....the ones you get are rusty, dirty, covered in old paint and mortar. Just sayin'

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill