Thinking about factory refurbished products in retrospect, it does make sense that the units undergo more extensive testing since there was already a known problem with the unit.

I also have another doozie of a question that I have done 0 research on.

I have been picturing my home theater without wires...

With a projector on one wall, I am assuming that I would want to position my device cabinet next to where the seating would be? I have no problem with running a bunch of cords around the room to achieve the best setup, but I am a computer person, so the wire management that I am used to is nothing compared to what a home theater would require. I guess my question is, how do you guys usually tackle that?

Also, back to the choice of receivers.
I am comparing the 609, 708, and 709 at ac4l trying to narrow down the differences.

I can see that only the 709 has Multi EQ XT, which from what I understand is how the receiver naturally equalizes the sound based on the depth of the room. I'll admit I don't know the technical different between that, regular Multi EQ and just Dynamic EQ. So with the 609 out of the question, between the 708 and the 709, what are the 3 biggest differences? It seems that they both have the same audio decoder capabilities, they both push 110 per channel, they have the same ports. I do notice that the 708 does not do 4k upscaling, but I wanted to ask what that is? I am familiar with the resolution, but where would the receiver get video like that from? I have been trying to read up on all of this terminology for the receivers but I don't feel like I'm making much progress!