Hi,

I've purchased my M60ti/VP100/QS8/EP350 system in 2005, and since about a year ago I started receiving my TV using Over the air broadcasts. There was a single channel I had trouble getting; this one was notoriously lower power, but channel 6 is also apparently more susceptible to impulse noise. I have a Delhi VIP 302SR antenna in my attic pointing at the transmitter tower.

This week-end: tested NAD T763 receiver coming out of the NAD repair shop. Oscillating buzz is still coming out of the speakers when the sub is connected. Tried changing the sub cable, moving the power cable of the receiver & sub (worse: gets high volume hum instead), as well as the cable outlet where the Monster HTPowerBar gets its power. I even connected a 14 gauge wire between the sub and receiver chassis and removed the ground lift screw on the sub. Buzz goes a lot quieter when the sub is disconnected from the receiver or powered off. My next step is trying an rca ground loop isolator i just ordered on amazon to go between the rca LFE output of the receiver and the sub. But this is now the least of my worries...

I checked the Global Ottawa CIII channel 6 levels today. We'd been lobbying Shaw to do something about it so I figured they may have upped the power. But nobody was reporting better reception. I went back and turned on my EP350 again. Boom, my channel 6 is gone. Aren't there specific guidelines for electronic equipment to stay out of certain broadcast frequencies ? Do you think this is the case with my EP350 at the moment ? Can I possibly get the EP350 shielded better to make sure it does not interfere with channel 6 anymore ?

I am now wondering if both issues have something in common now. The sub does sound like it is interfering with broadcast channel 6, can it also interfere with my NAD receiver ?

Thanks,
Francois

Last edited by flavoie; 10/31/11 03:54 PM. Reason: typos, fixed grammar