The sad part here is the EP350 kills my channel 6 when it's just idle, not connected to any AV receiver and not outputting any sound. How can you expect a class D amp to generate that much of EMI/RFI when it doesn't even receive an input...

So I actually have the heaviest shielded cable I could get already, a Quad shield RG6 all the way. The "problem" is my antenna is in my attic, so it must pick up the EMI/RFI generated from the EP350 on my 1st floor of my 2 story house. Getting the antenna outside would likely attenuate the noise generated in the house and increasing the signal gain because of less obstructions, thus increasing SNR. But i won't do that, WAF says I can only have 1 antenna on the roof, so this one stays in the attic. I'd rather change the sub or put it inside a Faraday cage.

I am definitely turning paranoid now, so i'll have to scrutinize everything. Compact Fluorescents, UPS for the HTPC, HTPC itself, maybe this will help figure out my receiver buzzing when connected to sub issue.

Last edited by flavoie; 11/01/11 03:53 AM.