Thinking aloud, if the crossover nuked the drivers, wouldn't it nuke all 5 drivers? Just curious why the two tweeters measured 6.0 and 5.5 ohms (assuming that means they are still good) but it seems that the 5.25's are measuring open circuit?

Visually looking at the two electrolytic cap's (one is a 1.5 microfarad, the other is a 6.8 microfarad), there is nothing that appears distored (no bulging apparent) and neither smell burnt. There is another cap (106J 100V is marked on the side and a websearch identifies it as a polystyrene film cap). Again, no sign of melting or distortion with that one.

There are two white rectangular ceramic resistors (marked 7WR49 and 7W5R)... I'm familiar with the color stripes but not these... Do the markings indicate that both are 7 watt and one is a 49 ohm resistor, the other is a 5 ohm resistor??

If I measure them while they are still in the circuit, should I expect them to measure 'true' to the rating? I did measure last night, they definitely did not measure open (it was late, I didn't write down my findings).

What about those two coil looking items, one hollow (air core?) and one with what I believe are iron plates running through the middle... again, neither show any evidence of melting or any physical damage. How do I test them?

I will try to post pics later today, headed out for a few hours.

Thanks for your help and patience with a noob, I don't work with electronics frequently so I'm a bit rusty on the nomenclature.