Dakkon,

I had considered stands for the QS8's, but let me describe my nightmare room. The great room dimensions are about 17' x 17'. Ceiling is 'cathedral' height. There is a balcony over 1/3 the room, the rest of the room has cathedral height ceilings (echo chamber).

Only one wall in the room is a complete wall. Across from the complete wall is the dining room, so a good portion (but not all) of that wall is open to the dining room.

WIth the complete wall to your back, the left wall is two tall windows separated by a fireplace that extends into the room approx. 2 feet. Opposite the window wall is the front foyer with no wall in the great room.

Into this nightmare, I have an old school Mitsubishi 65" rear projection TV, big and bulky. It's situated in one corner of the room (where the dining room wall and the window wall meet) and is on a diagonal facing into the room. On top of the TV sits my M22's and the VP150. However, as the TV is on a diagonal, with the front speakers facing into the room on a diagonal, there's no real place to station the left rear and right rear speaker without intruding into a 'walkway' or seating area. There's really no truly defined 'rear' of the room.

While I really like the new house, the old one was a nice simple 16'x9' rectangle, single story flat ceiling room with minimal openings with a definite 'front' and 'rear' (none of this diagonal BS).

One of these days I'll partition an area of the basement and turn it into a man cave/home theater room with a defined front and rear but in the meantime I have to deal with the echo chamber.