Originally Posted By: JohnK
Mike, the 4311 mentioned by AVJ is the one that meets your specifications(i.e., simultaneous 11 channel operation including back surrounds, front heights, front wides, and two sub outs with independent calibration)and is more or less your 3808 three generations later. Also note that it has the top Audyssey version, MultEQ XT32.

Thanks John. I'll look at this a bit closer. I had thought the sub were tied together though and you basically just got a second port to plug the cable in to. Or maybe that was one of the earlier models??

Also, if a person has a relatively small room, like my room, and there just isn't 32 places to put a mic for EQ calibration, does the newer version of Audyssey have any value? Other than the additional locations for gathering data, what else puts it above previous versions?? Just asking as I don't have a clue........

In regards to my budget, I'd prefer to keep costs under $1500, but can move that upward as needed. I'm not about to get into MacIntosh territory though, as that would just be a waste.