Thanks Nick. Yes thats what i was asking about. Why the different placement of the drivers in different models. I'm no sound engineer, and I have no idea why the tweeters, mids, and woofers are placed the way they are in a cabinet. I had assumed that with the VP-180 they had engineered the 'Ultimate' center channel, but then came out with a smaller Vp-160 model. When I first bought my 150 a few years ago,it was recommended that it be paired with the M60/80's so I thought it was the be all end all of center channel engineering for the Axiom line. Of course there is always going to be R&D and things change. By the reviews on the VP-180, there sounds like there is a definite change in the sound compared to the VP-150. So much so that I think I'll more than likely bite the bullet and buy it over the Klipsch RF-64ii. So naturally when I heard that they were coming out with the 160, I wanted to know why the over/under configuration as opposed to the inline placement like the others. After reading 20 pages over at the VP-160 thread (my eyes are drying out) it seems different people have different opinions about how the drivers should be placed and I just wanted to know Axioms taking this approach and how it affects the sound.

Sanyo Z5 HD Projector w/100" screen
Yamaha RXV-663,BD30,HD-A30
Toshiba 55SV670U
M60s
VP150
QS8s