The last few days I spent some quality time with my M80s; I've tried various configurations, sources and cables.
At this point, the only thing I'm not happy about is what I perceive a lack of low frequencies; I tried repositioning them a dozen times... to no avail. Some interesting facts:
- Bass seems to diminish in the sweet-spot. As I walk around my room (which is fairly large by the way, at 600 sq ft), I can find spots with a lot more lows than I get in the sweet spot.
- Also, if I stand up from the sweet spot, the bass is more pronounced. A friend mentioned that it may be the attenuation effect of the highs and mids.
- Usually I try to listen to music as flat as possible; if I want a decent sound (for my ears that is), I have to pump up the bass a little.

Now... don't get me wrong, the lows are not anaemic by any strech, it;s just that I hoped for a little more. At high volume, there is no issue, the speakers sound fantastic. It's at the lower volume levels. Maybe I'm asking too much?

In any case, I am very happy; I can't think of anything original right now, so here is the cliche, which happens to be absolutely true: I am rediscovering my music with every tune I play.

M80 v3, 2 x Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks, XPA-5, UMC-1 PrePro
Pro-Ject RPM Genie, Carver C2 Phono Preamp