Here's another log for this fire. I haunt the local store where I got most of my gear over the last year. I like to visit my new friend there (discount Chuck) and my money. Chuck is quite the information maven and he put me through a little exercise.

I was admiring the various plasmas they had hung on the walls and discussion ensued over several visits. He ended up doing a few blinds for me and actually rearranging these things over a few visits (slow during the winter). I was completely unable to pick out the Enhanced Def TV (EDTV) versus the HDTV when the were receiving the HD signal.

I hope this doesn't degrade into one of our recent super thread dummy contests. The point I'm trying to make is that there just wasn't much difference my old eyes could pick up between the pictures. I was able to IMMEDIATELY notice that the EDTV price was significantly lower than HDTV. Just a bit of info for those lusting for a plasma. There may be a bit of marketing hype influence here that exceeds our senses' ability to make the trip that we are being led to make.