I'm fairly confused.

Is the 3.1 setup the "music room" system? How much will you use each system, and how critical is your listening?

I have the 805 and like it very much.

Do I understand correctly that the M80's are staying with the 807 in the theater/game system?

If you DON'T have the QS series surrounds, I highly recommend them. Highly.

I don't think you're "wasting" the Rotel.

I've often thought that - if I had it to do over again, and I were going to have a HT system and also a music-only system - I might get M22's for the HT system. I have M60's and they are great, but for primarily-video content, I think that M22's and good sub(s) would be more than adequate. Of course, if you're NOT going to be using the music-only system for critical listening, the M80's would be utterly wasted there. I guess my point is that the M80's without a sub would be a wonderful 2-channel system. You need a sub for HT and for the M22's, so maybe that's a good match.

As to the "which subs" question, it depends on how much you want to spend, how big your room is, and how many seats you need to cover.

So, I guess I need more info to have much of an opinion, but I certainly envy your resources and flexibility.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem