Michael, I think that I followed, and the first comment would be that the 807 should have no problem handling that setup alone, but also using the 1070 there wouldn't be a "waste" unless you had some useful alternate purpose for it.

Next, if you're indicating that the room "just for music" will be only 3.1, I'd strongly suggest that you consider instead a 5.1(or even 4.1)setup. My listening is overwhelmingly music and I'd never listen using only front speakers if surrounds were available. Extracting the natural surround ambience that was mixed into the front channels in 2-channel source material(there was no place else to put it)using a mode such as DPLII significantly increases the realism and enjoyment in listening to music. QS surrounds for this room(and the other as well)would be suggested.

As for the subs, the ability to place two subs properly to minimize the effect of room bass modes, basically at the mid-points of opposing side or front and back walls, or in diagonally opposite corners, would be the better arrangement in my view.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.