Originally Posted By: jakewash
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Has it been stated by anyone who HAS a VP180 and/or a VP160 that the VP180 has inferior off axis capabilities?
I do not own a VP180 but last year I tried out the VP180 and I said the 180 had some off axis limitations like all other inline horizontal designs that I have tried, the db level was down 1-2 at my one seat; the VP160 reaches this area and only down by less than 0.5 db. But let it also be said I am not measuring scientifically, only using the trusty ol' RS meter held in front of me while listening to various movies and music and averaging the readings, so YMMV.

Yep, I got pretty much the same results you did with the VP160, at most -1db substantially off-axis. With reference to the 160, I am curious to know what design changes that the guys at Axiom made to improve on this since one would think with the dual tweeter design of the 150 and 180 and their placement in the cabinet that any off-axis issues would be pretty much eliminated. I haven't had the opportunity to compare the 160 to the 180 but it certainly is noticeably superior in this area to the 150.