I'm helping a buddy of mine put together a system. He lives in a small duplex, and the living room is not conducive for surround speaker placement - at all. It has vaulted ceilings and is open to the kitchen and a stareway that's right in the damn way. I can mount them on walls in the right 90'ish angle to the prime seating location, but they are quite distant and it would be quite a chore getting wires to them. So... for now, I plan to skip the surrounds and just run a 3.1 set up. The speakers are going to be the wall mount M22's and Center, as his living / TV area is too cramped for floor or book shelf speakers. Wall mount is really the only option.

He would like networking capability for streaming Pandora and Internet, plus a connection for his I-pod and laptop.

I briefly looked at the Dennon web sight and got frustrated. It seams as if they've changed it to be as helpful as their manuals... I have not looked at any other brands. Figured I'd ask you all for input before putting a bunch of time into this.

The other option is to sell him my 3808 and just get the 4311 I've been eye-balling, but the 3808 is kinda overkill for this set up, and I m leaning towards using my 3808 somewhere else in my house.

He has about $500 to spend on the AVR.

What you think, I know John has all the specs and manuals committed to memory.. this should be easy as pie.

The surrounds on the other hand....