Thanks for the welcome....(long time reader, first time caller...)

Never having enjoyed a 7.1/6.1 surround setup (my current system is a lowly 5.1 home theater in a box that I bought way back in the day), I wonder how much the drama/realism/involvement will increase with the addition of the rear speakers.

I was thinking that if I sprung for the M2s, and didn't find the rear channel to add very much to my system, that I could always move them to another room and have a direct speaker in there (whereas I imagine the QSs woudln't be as good for this application).

Jake - I probably wont' have the room to place my two M2s very far behind the main seating position, and I am considering pointing them straight up behind the couch (not horizontally on the back wall). Do you think that I will get the desired effect? Do you think the rear speaker should be rear wall mounted, or not included int he system at all? (i.e. would it be a waste, or somehow sound funny?)

I'd also just like you, Jake, (or anybody with 6.1/7.1) to comment on how much more it draws you in? I'll be running the system through the Yammy RX-V1400.