Hey Folks:

I'm new here and pretty excited about it! As such, this is my first post.

In the very near future I plan on buying a pair of M50's or M60's as Fronts to a 5.1 Home Theater system. I’m not an audiophile by any means -- especially financially speaking. However, I think I’m one in training, minus the finances! I’m certainly a HUGE fan of listening to good “sounding” music and very much enjoy watching enveloping movies on both an audio and visual level. So maybe audiophile is the wrong word – how about audiophan or audiofan?

Anyway, I’ve written to and received back valuable information regarding these two models from Alan Lofft and I appreciated his help big-time. He also told me to poke around the forums because you folks are “very knowledgeable” as well. After having read many posts, I can see why Alan said as much.

With that said, I was wondering if I could be so bold to ask a question regarding speaker matching – knowing full well that I haven’t contributed anything to these boards yet. In my defense, I did a search for this using the Search tab and nothing came up, so maybe either I didn’t concatenate the strings VP100 & M60 correctly (probably) or maybe no one has asked (doubtful). Here goes: if I do go with the M60’s can I use the VP100 as a Center, or will it be a bad match sonically? (I don’t have all my audiophan “terms of art” down so sonically may be a poor choice of words, but perhaps you know what I mean, anyway). I was leaning towards the M50’s originally and Alan was pretty objective about each model but I’ve been reading such good things about the 60’s that this is getting to be a more difficult decision than I first understood it to be. I don’t want buyer’s remorse either way. If the VP100’s and M60’s are a bad match, what about the VP100 and M50’s? I did the HT wizard and the resulting query landed with that combo.

Well, thank you very much for reading this and any advice/information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, as is customary…my system currently consists of an Onkyo TX SR606 A/V receiver; a pair of Polk TSi100’s as Fronts, an entry level Sony Sub, Center and Surrounds. The surrounds and receiver are going to my brother as soon as decide on the M50 or 60’s to go with the VP100. The receiver is going to be replaced in the very near future with a Pioneer VSX-52 (or VSX1121-K) and the Polk’s will replace the Surrounds.

Long term plans will be to match the Sub and Surrounds!