I had M60's+VP150 for about 5 or so years..... i ALWAYS though that the 150 was to small of a speaker for the 60's.... i feel that i was right.. When the vp180 came out, i was one of the first group of people to get one.. There is a pretty long thread about the vp180... So.... With that being said, i think the vp100/M60 combo for movies and the such... No Bueno, you will have nice full speakers on the L/R and this little thing trying to do 70% of the dialog durring a movie!... i would say that the M50 VP100 would be a better matched combo due to the abilities of the speakers involved... Or an M50/vp150 setup...

Personally, with the M60's i would not want to go any smaller than the VP160..

With all of that being said, i have had my M60's/vp150 combo in many different "housing" situations, from apartments to houses (in a great room setup) to 10'X10' barracks rooms (Navy).... and the 150 ALWAYS seemed like the weak link even in a 100sq room!!!....

I will preface my post to having absolutely no regard for the cost of any of the products mentioned, only sonic matching in my opinion.