Free trade never benefits the everyday consumer. Unless it is a small box marked "Gift" or the US company slaps about 10 neon colored "100% Made in America" stickers on your shipment, it is impossible to convince the Package Police that you should not have paid duty.

I once ordered rock sliders for my jeep (or "Steps" as my wife considered them.) They were made in the USA and even had as much written on it. When I filled out the papers to reclaim my duty, I got a canned answer back that said something along the lines of "Some components made overseas." They were 100% steel and weld. What freaking components could they be talking about? It was obviously just a lazyass, canned form.

Here is the good part to this story. When I contacted the manufacturer, "Bulletproof," and asked if they could provide me with paperwork to assist me in my fight, they said it would be easier just to send me a check themselves for the difference since they assured me they would be duty free.

Pretty nice of them actually, since I didn't ask for that. Bulletproof is reputable company deserving praise for sure.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.