Just built a new house 2 years ago and I wired our 'great room' or bonus room or what ever you call it for 5.1 and had cat5e run to every room. A specific room for HT would be nice but with a growing family and my basement occupied by my parents I had to make do with what I could. I would love to have a room specifically for HT but I also really like having my most used room with all the HT toys in it.

So far as why people don't inspect the build on a regualr basis, at least here, you are not allowed onto the site during construction without a builder representative, ie salesman and appropriate safety gear(hard hat) so this cuts into the time you have to look around, you also have to remember until you make that final signature and they hand you the keys, you do not own the house/property, the builder does, you are in fact trespassing with out that builder representative. Not to mention there are far too many people that do not know what is right or wrong with what is going on...............I went by when I got off work at 2:30AM

Last edited by jakewash; 03/26/12 03:38 AM.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70