Hi cb919,

The actual player is XBMC (www.xbmc.org)... Its pretty much all the set top boxes run.
And yes, I actually do sometimes play things in multiple locations at once :-)
I have a couple of ways of doing it depending on what I'm looking to do.
I have a little box in the basement that acts as an Airplay Receiver and does 2 things with the audio :
1-> It relays it to a 5W FM PLC Modulator (25$ off of ebay)
2-> Broadcasts it as an MP3 Multicast Stream on the network (Using Shoutcast) using LiveCaster : http://www.live555.com/liveCaster/).

That allows you to pickup the boardcast anywhere around the network (watch for delay/lag on Wifi, you may have to play with buffering to keep all players in sync) or with my old 1973 Panasonic FM receiver in the yard.

Ken C, you'd be very surprised at the cost of it all. My set top boxes currently cost me less than 500$ per unit... and it gets cheaper or more powerfull every year.

Inane : It is some work when you start it off, yes :-) But now that I've got most of the grunt work done, I've actually set it up at a few friends houses in less than an hour ! ... Assuming they have a home wifi network already in place, I just install my premade image on a set-top box, configure a couple of parameters and that's it :-)

M. B.

Last edited by Mad Beggar; 04/06/12 07:42 PM. Reason: PS : I changed the thread name to be less cryptic