Most people on these forums tend to discuss issues or aspects of the Axiom speakers that they own. If you are interested in those opinions from Axiom owners, then browse through some of the many recent posts on comparisons of Axiom models already available in these forums and you should get a good idea/description of what people have auditioned.

Unfortunately you will not find alot of brand comparisons here although i did post one not long ago on my decision to buy Axiom over Angstrom after eliminating several other brands including PSB, Paradigm, B&W, and Monitor Audio (do a search for Axiom and Angstrom and it should pop up). A poster named Randyman also just did a recent review of the Axiom M60s and M50s and i would concur with his thoughts on the M60 speakers sounds and quality.

Ultimately the best way to know how a speaker sounds, as you've already discovered, is to listen to them yourself, in your own home, with your own equipment.
Few vendors that i approached lately would allow me to do such a thing although several had suggested i bring my equipment into their store and i declined their offers.For the mere 'discomfort' of having to pay return shipping on speakers, i was more than happy to audition the Axioms in my own home. If you don't want to pay a whole lot of money for shipping, you can always take the Axiom 30d policy with one of their smaller set of speakers to reduce the cost. Shipping for the M3ti would not be highly consuming to anyone's pocketbook for speakers in this area of quality and cost.

You can also try www.audioreview.com for some posted reviews of ALL these brands of speakers.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."