My towers are old pioneers that still sound very good . They were well broken in throughout the 25 years I have owned them . Two eight inch woofers and two tweeters per speaker...no midrange .
I picked up the Yammy receiver because it was capable of upconverting hdmi 1.4 signals . This was something I needed for 3D.
I highly recommend this receiver for small to medium rooms while watching home theatre but not for high music levels .
I admit the Yammy 5063 sounds better in some surround modes than my older Onkyo THX receiver but doesnt provide the power I am familair with .
I can see an Onkyo TX-NR1009 in the near future or possibly a pair of those new Axiom LFR1100,s

I should comment that the Vp160 is set up in front of the projector screen and placed as close to the wall as I could get it . With front ports on the Vp160 , I didnt think there was a need for placing it away from the wall like some other center channel manufacturers suggest , although I did give it a try and didnt notice any changes . It sounded awesome in both placements.
Its only been a few days since I have had the VP160 and I am very impressed . Just looking for tweaks LOL !!! laugh

M60,s Vp160 , QS8,M3,s Svs 12 . Yammy 3063 ,Panamax 5100,PS3,Optima HD80 Axiom Air