Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: michael_d
. . . The 180 on the other hand is ported to the rear and you will need at least 12" of free space behind it. . .

The rear port on the Axiom VP180 center speaker model as all other Axiom ported audio speaker models needs only a minimum of 2" of space to breath freely. Additional space might be needed to adjust bass response to your taste and the acoustic of your room.

I have two Axiom VP180 installed in my dedicated Home Theatre room: the one above my front projection screen is only 3 " away from the wall and the one below the projection screen is 7" away from the wall. I could not be happier with their superb performance.

Hi Jc,

Thanks for the info on the minimum distance I believe I completely looked of that aspect when setting up my room. I'll play around with the distance to see if it can improve an already amazing sound.

Do you play golf Jc? I lived in Magog/Sherbrooke/lennoxville from 1998-2004 (went to BU and worked around the area), and I'm sure I've not only seen you before, but actually had a conversation with you. I'm thinking Deauville golf range by the karting place. Possible?

Last edited by majik; 05/08/12 04:28 PM.

- Majik

Epic 80 system
Ep 800
Denon 3808
Optoma HD20
PS3
vp180
extra QS8s (to come soon)