I posted a review of a new system in the technical section. This is a follow up. FYI the speakers got some air time on the HGTV episode which is nice. Anyway,

The more I listen to the VP180 (in cabinet) the more impressed I am. There is now no doubt I have been listening to inferrior speaker. As an example, when switching over to a "music" station on dishnetwork I would normally have to switch it over from the current dolby music dsp or whatever it was on to some stereo, party mode, etc. since too much music came from the center and not enough from the rest which resulted in a mono like sound. Now I am actually able to listen to music in this manner without switching. It is not my prefered dsp for music but it is actually enjoyable. The only way I can describe it is like the center channel itself is almost a stereo speaker.

Also, in general I am totally impressed with just about everything with the VP180. I am now able to replicate dialogue which more resembles an actual movie theater.

After outfitting an entire new system (with a 22,150,175 coming soon) I am currently most impressed with the VP180. I'm not much of a home theatre person, more music for me, but I appreciate what this speaker has done for movies and regular tv watching.

Bottom line, if you have the budget and the space then it is definately worth a listen. Bravo.

More to come on my thoughts on the m80, ep500 and qs8's.

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub