Finally made the switch on Friday by getting a new hosting location set up and figuring out how to access the management pieces of my domain name. I had trouble because my brother-in-law bought up a few domains like 7 years ago, including mine, as far of a super cheap deal. I had my name, address, email, etc all associated with it if you did a WhoIs looking, however GoDaddy wouldn't let me access it because I guess it was still under his account. Not any longer.

So last night, actually this morning around 5:30 am as I was taking "my shift" in staying up (was up all night already) as a responsible parent with about 12 teenagers crashing at our house (post-post-Prom), I decided to download my entire site and then upload it to the new home. I also changed the settings for my domain so that it pointed to the new hosting. I just confirmed that it seems like the DNS that directs people to the location did get updated, so now it is off to the former hosting site to ask for a pro-rated refund of the remaining time I pre-paid for.

Hopefully things will keep humming along, but some images and such may be lagging until the whole web gets propagated with the new information.

Farewell - June 4, 2020