JohnK, cheaper stands would be awesome. I will have a toddler at home in less than a year so I need a stand that secures the speaker to the stand like the Axiom. All the other stands I have found are cheap MDF stands where the speaker just sits on top. Not exactly safe. Any ideas would bring the cost down and get me started on a sub!

Originally Posted By: JohnK
The question should of course not be "how much better?", but rather "better at all?". Mike, the M22s and M60s use the same tweeter and for the all-important mid-range the M22s use two of the 5 1/4" drivers while the M60 uses one. The M22 would therefore have the the capacity to play a little louder with low distortion in the middle frequencies. The advantage of the M60s shows up in the bass where the larger enclosure and 6 1/2" woofers becomes significant. If used alone the M60 definitely has an advantage in the lowest bass frequencies. If used with a good sub, this would be of less significance.

Note that less expensive stands are available for the M22s, including close to zero for something home made.

-Mike