Originally Posted By: Soundguy79
So the wife said she hates the way my 40 year old JBL speakers look. That's great because I hate the way they sound. So it's time for an upgrade. I am going to start with the front left and right speaker then upgrade the center. My room is about 2500 cubic feet as it has a vaulted ceiling and open to the dining room and stairway. I currently have QS8 surrounds and a Pioneer VSX-1121-k along with the old JBL speakers.

My first though was to get the M22 v3 and stands for about $700. Then I realized that is really close in cost to the M50 at $828. But then I'm only $250 away from the M60.

So my question is how much better do the M60's sound? I have $700 now but I am patient and can wait a few months to get to the M60.

I originally used the M22s in a L/R config. along with subs before I moved to M60s(and eventually M80s)and even with the crossover setting at 80HZ, the difference I noted between the M22s and M60s was in being able to handle that bass in kind of the "no mans land" around 60>80HZ where, when the volume was cranked up for movies, as good as the M22s are, they seemed to strain a little handling the sound in that frequency range. The M60s, of course, handled it with no problem.

With or without subs, based on my experience, I would spend the extra and buy the M60s.