Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Time for an update. I contacted Dyson and they identified a local Sears that services Dyson vacuums. They charge $65 + parts for repairs, so we decided to go ahead and fix the vacuum. We also used one of our many Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons (the ones that come every month in our mail) to buy the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro.

This vacuum has amazing suction and the rug roller beats the rugs like nobody's business. It feels solidly constructed while remaining light. When I vacuumed the 10'x7'(-ish) area rug in the living room -- which was pretty clean visually -- I was amazed at all the hair and dirt it pulled out. We have carpeted stairs and I used to vacuum them by lifting the Dyson onto each step and wrestling it back and forth, all the way up. With the lift-away feature, I can lift off the motor and dust collector unit, attach the smaller roller head to the wand, and then easily vacuum each step.

One other great feature of this vacuum is the suction strength adjustment. The suction is so strong that smaller area rugs and runners get yanked around too easily. You can turn a dial to lessen the vacuum strength and make it easier to vacuum lighter items.

So, double thumbs up on my first experience.

Peter, I'm glad you're you thrilled with your new purchase. Now you can go out and get six more pets, so you can be thrilled 3x a week, instead of just once laugh

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.