Nick,

I have been into archery for over 30 years. Started shooting competitively at age 13. I was State Champion in Indiana at age fifteen.

Most compounds are adjustable in draw weight and draw length to adjust to different size people. If she is serious about shooting, you are better off to put a little more money into a good compound bow. You can have it set up to fit her. Have her draw length measured and you can dial the poundage down until she gets stronger. Determine if she wants to shoot with fingers or release and go from there. She will be able to use the bow for a longer period of time and will not outgrow it. The breakover point on a compound helps a weaker person hold the bow drawn for a longer period of time to steady the shot.

PSE, Martin, Bear all make good bows. You can spend about as much as you want. I started with a Jennings as a young kid and used the bow for years. Sold it to my brother in law and have had a PSE for years now. I shot indoor competitively as a kid and hunted as I got older. Now I just shoot for fun. Have always loved the sport and yes, The Hunger Games, have made the sport explode.

Hope this helps some.